Colorado is booming with startup activity and here are six of the best places to see or pitch angel deals:
- The Impact Angel Group – (obviously) If you are equally dedicated to making a difference and realizing a return and meet our investor or entrepreneur criteria, apply to invest or submit your angel deal. Focus = Social Impact. No fees to join/apply.
- The Rockies Venture Club – Now under new management, the Rockies Venture Club is a growing angel group in Colorado. You can see/pitch angel deals on a monthly basis and they have a Boulder and Denver investor-only forum each month. Focus = General. Small fee to join/pitch.
- The Open Angel Forum – The Open Angel Forum is a bi-annual pitch event open only to accredited investors organized by David Cohen from Techstars, Reb Delwo from Tango, Tim Falls from Sendgrid, and I help out a bit too. Focus = Web and Mobile (Techstars-like companies do best there). No fee to attend/pitch.
- High Altitude Investors – This Colorado Springs angel group meets bi-monthly. Focus = General with a particular interest in high growth tech ventures and health care. Small fee to join.
- InvestorAvenue.com – InvestorAvenue is a Colorado-based site where accredited investors, qualified purchasers, institutional investors, entrepreneurs, and service professionals in the private equity investment industry meet. Focus = General. InvestorAvenue.com remains philanthropic to the community with no fees for membership or use.
- Boulder/Denver New Tech Meetup – The Boulder/Denver New Tech meetup is one of the most well attended startup events in Colorado. There is a Denver and Boulder pitch event each month. The companies aren’t necessarily looking for funding, but it is a great place to see/pitch new technologies. Focus = Web tech/mobile. Event is free, but a donation is suggested.
Are there others I’m missing? Leave a comment and let us know!