Our thoughts are with all of the victims of the 100-year Colorado Flood.
Despite the overwhelming need and offers to help today, it is surprisingly hard to find a way to plug in or to find available resources for help. Here are a few things we’ve found:
- Here is a list of responding agencies and a list of Colorado Flood resources.
- Additionally, my best suggestion is to post your need for help on twitter by using hashtags (#coloradoflood, #boulderflood, #fortcollinsflood, etc.) so people can see it. (Example: Need water and help pulling up carpet in Niwot for #coloradoflood. Contact me if you are nearby.). There are tons of people on twitter waiting to help (myself included). If you don’t have a twitter account, sign up or contact us and we’ll do our best to post it for you.
Want to help?
- The best way to help is to make a monetary donation:
- Sign up to volunteer at HelpColoradoNow.org. There will be many needs for help long after the TV cameras stop covering this. Sign up now to help in the future.
- The Well is working with the National Guard and they need people to volunteer to do laundry and bring snacks.
- Are you an accredited investor? Since our businesses and homeowners will have far more need than our banks, FEMA and charities will be able to provide, the Impact Angel Group is organizing ideas and interest for making private loans and investments to support homeowners and businesses affected by the flood. If you have any interest in angel investing to support the flood, please contact us.
Other ideas? Please leave a comment.